Thursday 10 April 2014

A Love Letter

Dear someone,

I’m not sure who you are yet or when and where we’ll meet, but I know you love the moonlight as much as I. It touches you in an ethereal way, its full glittering beams lighting the path to your soul. I know that your eyes twinkle like the stars on a crisp winter night, mist swirling soothingly like your breath as my name escapes your lips. Your smile is warmth, like sand on a beach just after sunset, still clinging to the day’s heat. Your touch is like ice slowly melting on my skin, electric, refreshing, and torturingly sweet. I will long for your kiss just like the ground weeps for the rain, your lips cascading upon me as graceful as a midnight storm. I know that you will whisper sweet nothings as refreshing as a cool summer breeze in my ear, and caress me as gently as the ocean waves that crash rhythmically on a still night. Our hearts will beat in time with one another, easing the ache when we’re apart. When we’re together, minutes will seem like days that can never be too long.

My love, I can already see us laughing wildly at each other’s ridiculous jokes and sharing soft glances over a candlelit dinner. Entirely too many nights will be whiled away talking until sunrise, and as many others will be spent clinging to each other in a frenzied passion. Moments of perfect silence will be passed in each other’s embrace, with all its sweet awkwardness.

I see all of these things, my darling, and know in my heart that they are true. So, patiently I wait for that fateful day when I finally find you, be it a stolen look or a spontaneous smile or some other slight twist of fate that brings you to me. Oh, how I yearn for that moment to come soon, but no… I must persevere, passing the long hours in calm, quiet, and solitude. Yes, love, no one could possibly be as enduring as I, for some day you will save me from these chains. And then, my love, my sweetheart, my one and only… then, years later, before our love wanes and you shatter my soul… then, I will devour your heart, fresh and beating still, and you will reside in me forever.

Your only true love

No comments:

Post a Comment