Thursday 10 April 2014

Faith

I stood upon the precipice, a misty vista camouflaging the chasm below.
The damp chill enclosed my heart, as I peered over the edge.
Overhead, a bird’s caws echoed warningly as it glided by,
Resonating in the halls of my body, shivers emanating from within.
I had finally summited this elusive peak of mine,
And I discovered nothing upon the zenith that wasn’t familiar.

I sat down, letting my feet dangle freely over the edge.
It would be so easy, too easy, to take the last step,
To allow the fog to fill the void and swallow me whole,
And then I’d finally have an end, a worthy conclusion,
From nothing into nothing, a cold reception already prepared.
Nothing less for an angel already fallen once before.

As I closed my eyes, a moment’s hesitation to prepare for the leap,
A cry pierced my soul, startling my silent heart into rhythm.
And there you were, breathless, by my side.
You grabbed me fiercely, tugging me back into your embrace.
Tears carved lines down your face as you swore never to let go.
Shock and loneliness ebbed away, replaced only by your warmth.

Gazing deeply into you, I wondered how you knew,
What compelled you to make the treacherous journey…
And suddenly I realized that you’d been there all along,
Lifting me over rocky ledge and steep crevasse selflessly.
I took hold of your hand tightly, moving once again to the edge.
You smiled reassuringly, intertwining your fingers with mine as we leapt…

And flew…

No comments:

Post a Comment